1.23.05 Sunday [sorry]

I apologized to Aaron today.

Came up behind him when he was on the computer, watching parkour videos. He jumped when I spoke.

“Look, Aaron,” I began. “I didn’t mean to hurt you.” He looked at me almost fearfully, distancing his injured face.
“I’m sorry,” I said. “It was uncalled for.” He just shook his head slowly, as if he half expected me to strike again.
“When you get better, I’d like to take you and Ben on a little session. There’s some nice spots out there that I don’t think you’d know about.”
“Ok,” he replied.
“The apology is nice,” said Ben suddenly from across the room, “but you know we can’t support what you’re doing.”
“I’m not doing it…at the moment,” I stated carefully.
“But you still go out every evening…”
“That’s something else. Don’t worry about it.”
”Ok,” Ben said. “I’ll trust you on this. I know you’ve been through a lot in your life, and I can appreciate you trying to get things figured out.”
”Thanks,” I said, meaning it.
“But if we find out that you’re still up to it, that’s it. We’ll call the cops, Micah. I’m serious.”
“Alright, I understand.”

I left for Reginald’s apartment at the usual time, 5:30. It was brutally cold outside, so to keep warm I ran. It seemed unnatural to be running without the vaulting, jumping, and climbing, so as I wove through the freezing streets I incorporated bits of parkour into my movements, rocketing over handrails and scampering up walls. By the time I reached his complex I was actually sweating!

So as I took the elevator up to the eleventh floor I peeled off my jacket and wiped my brow. Reginald would no doubt have something to say about my appearance, I thought. When I got to his door I let myself in, turning on the TV and waiting on the couch. But as I sat through the first half hour of the news, I began to wonder where he was. That’s when I noticed an white envelope on the kitchen counter. MICAH was written on the front. I read the following:

Micah,

Sorry, but I had to stay late today. I’ll see you tomorrow.

-Reg

I was disappointed to read those words, as it means a delay of the answers to my questions, but I’m beginning to learn patience from this man.

-M.J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home